Monday, August 15, 2011

New Bed, New Routine, New Weatherman

As I have lived in an R.V. for over two months now, I have been adapting to the differences of R.V. Parks. I have met new and interesting people, observed different accents, (e.g. Australian, french, Canadian, new jersean, new york, Maine, and ENGLISH) and have been adjusting to new routines. Let me now share with you a few new differences in my new life. Let me therefore start here.

At Roswell, I had a small bed with a dresser and window the left to it. This is the side I would normally wake up. At night, I would read with my lamp showing light, and then make a light from by bathroom shown a little, having the door to it almost closed. Then I would turn of the light. Rebecca had a big queen sized bed, and a big room. Now it is vise-versa, me having a blow up mattress bigger then Dad and Mom combined, having to take it out, (taking the cushions off) pull it up, and make it to look like a bed, blow it up, and put the sheets on it, every night.

Rebecca now has a small couch that turns into a footon. (a double couch.) I now turn my light off from a panel of light switches, that all turn on different things. My dresser is now an etch of wood along the window sill, home to my books and my phone (at night).

At Roswell, after waking up, I would go into my parent's bedroom, and take a shower in their bathroom. Then I would change downstairs in my room, and then pack up for school.

In the summer, I would still take a shower, but do leisurely activities in that time period, usually watching T.V. or reading or being on my stationary Dell. I would always (no matter school or summer) check my emails on Outlook Express. I would usually not get any.

Now, I wake up, get my clothes from the cabinets above me, and take them back to the shower and place them on Mom and Dad's bed. After my shower I would put them on, and go walk the puppies or write the blog or read.

Some days, I don't bother to take a shower so early and just walk the dogs or blog, taking a shower at maybe 10 or 11. (after Dad) On those days we take showers one after one each other, no blank periods.

At some places we (Rebecca and I) go ride bikes and play with the kids there. Sometimes.

Now that we have the new routine and new bed down, let me now talk about another subject. Weathermen.

In Roswell, you wake up with Channel 2 Action News, with Ted Blankenship and some other person. At the beginning of the trip, I didn't think I would miss them that much. Now, I expect to wake up in the morning and see them, only to be reminded they're not there. In different areas, I see new faces on the screen. Also, there is no Fox 5. There is Fox 16, among others. Very weird.

What I notice with every new place I see, is that in the northeast there is a lot of old weathermen and news anchors. They seem to very get older and more accented every place we go.

I know you probably don't want me to go on and on about weathermen and such, but I felt the need to tell about the new adaptions I face. I know you would rather hear about our adventures, so I will leave you now. Have a great day.


GOOD MORNING AMERICA!,
Andrew.






1 comment: